The Kindle Deal of the Day for those in the UK: Agatha Raisin and the Love from Hell (£0.99 UK; $7.59 US; $3.99 companion audiobook) by M.C. Beaton [Robinson] Recently married to James Lacey, Agatha quickly finds out that love is not all its cracked up to be – the newly weds are living in [...]
Electronics is fascinating – want to make something of it? This book shows you how!
You can make all sorts of things, once you understand what electronics is and how it works. This book helps you out with that part, explaining the whole thing in plain English. Learn how electricity functions, how to harness it and put it to work, what tools you need to build circuits, what you can make with them, and how to do it safely.
- Mystery solved – understand what makes your iPod, remote control, and computer work
- Essential stuff – outfit your electronics lab with all the necessary tools, including some that will surprise you
- Schematic road maps – learn to read schematics and understand how they help your project get where it’s going
- Symbols of power – recognize all the identifiers for power sources, grounds, and components
- Tools of the trade – discover how to use a multimeter, logic probe, oscilloscope, and solderless breadboard
- Break it down – get to know the ins and outs of components such as resistors, capacitors ,diodes and transistors
- Getting it together – find out how integrated circuits make all the rest possible and learn to work with them
- & Analyze it – understand the rules that govern current and voltage and learn how to apply them
Nineteen-year-old Billy Lynn is home from Iraq. And he’s a hero. Billy and the rest of Bravo Company were filmed defeating Iraqi insurgents in a ferocious firefight. Now Bravo’s three minutes of extreme bravery is a YouTube sensation and the Bush Administration has sent them on a nationwide Victory Tour.
During the final hours of the tour Billy will mix with the rich and powerful, endure the politics and praise of his fellow Americans – and fall in love. He’ll face hard truths about life and death, family and friendship, honour and duty.
Tomorrow he must go back to war.
Lee Ann London once had big plans…scholarship, college, love. Then she found herself raising her deceased sister’s twin girls when their father disappeared. Now, with her beautiful girls, a community that depends on her, and her photography studio finally taking off, Lee Ann may not have the life she’d imagined, but it’s definitely where she wants it. Until Cody, her bad-boy ex, returns to Sugar Springs…
Cody’s childhood put a chip on his shoulder the size of Texas. Bouncing around the foster care system, he was always the one to leave before anyone left him first. Then he found a place he wanted to stick. Lee Ann was the best thing that ever happened to him. Only, he hurt her. Bad. He’s back now, and determined to earn her forgiveness…and maybe win back her love while he’s at it.
Joanie Bigbee, cupcake baker extraordinaire, likes to keep her options open—and she’s good at it. She’s started and sold some 30 businesses in her postage stamp-sized Tennessee town, and at the moment she can be found in a short skirt and go-go boots, selling cupcakes out of the back of a converted Volkswagen van. What she moves on to next is anybody’s guess. She knows better than to be tied down. In any way. She’s watched every woman in her family fall head-over-heels, only to find themselves wondering how to pick up the pieces when love is lost.
When Nick Dalton shows up at the groovy cupcakery, all Joanie wants is a taste; a fling with no strings suits her just fine. But for Nick, a bite is not enough; he wants the whole cake: a big house, a family, true love. But love only makes you stupid, right? Joanie has to decide whether to follow where her free-spirit leads…or hold on to the sweetest thing she’s ever known.