Today's Kindle Kids Daily Deal is 13 top-rated titles from the American Girls Collection, a series of short, illustrated, historical fiction books for young readers (Grade Level: 3 and up), all marked down to $1.99.
- Meet Caroline, by Kathleen Ernst
- Meet Julie, by Megan McDonald and Robert Hunt
- Meet Samantha, by Susan Adler, Jeanne Thieme and Dan Andreasen
- Meet Addy, by Connie Porter and Dahl Taylor
- Meet Kit, by Valerie Tripp, Tamara England and Walter Rane
- Meet Kirsten, by Janet Shaw and Renée Graef
- Meet Rebecca, by Jacqueline Dembar Greene, Jennifer Hirsch and Robert Hunt
- Meet Marie-Grace, by Sarah M. Buckey, Christine Kornacki and Cindy Salans Rosenheim
- Meet Kaya, by Janet Shaw, Jodi Goldberg and Bill Farnsworth
- Meet Cécile, by Denise Lewis Patrick and Christine Kornacki
- Meet Felicity, by Valerie Tripp and Dan Andreasen
- Meet Josefina, by Valerie Tripp, Peg Ross and Jean Paul Tibbles
- Meet Molly, by Valerie Tripp and Nick Backes
Today's Kindle Daily Deal is Witches on Parole ($0.99), the first novel in Debora Geary's WitchLight Trilogy. That's nearly as good as the free price two Christmas' ago, to start a fun, light fantasy series (and the other two in the series are only $3.99 apiece).
Light contemporary fantasy with a good dose of humor, a little romance, and characters you won't want to leave.
Two pendants. Two students. And it's entirely possible they didn't volunteer.
World-famous (and now retired) photographer Jenvieve Adams has a debt to repay - and a soft spot for modern witches who have lost their way. Or so she thinks, until they actually show up.
Jennie is the newest guide for WitchLight, and her first two students are about to arrive. One is an obsessive psychologist with hidden layers under her repressed exterior. The other is a grown-up juvenile delinquent with a passion for words and a kick-ass biscuit recipe. Can Jennie help unlock their hearts?
The journey will involve (sometimes involuntary!) sisterhood, a little knitting, karaoke, a touch of magic, and one hopefully temporary belly tattoo.
Today's Kindle Romance Daily Deal is all three books of Shéa MacLeod's Sunwalker Saga, an arresting trilogy of paranormal romances with a tempting twist of steampunk and a super-low $0.99 price.
- Kissed by Darkness (companion audiobook $1.99) Three years ago, Morgan Bailey narrowly survived a vampire attack that left her with heightened senses, uncanny speed, and a new calling: supernatural bounty hunter. Since that day, sexy, street-smart Morgan hasn’t met a vampire she couldn’t dust or a demon she couldn’t kill—until she’s hired to hunt down a priceless amulet and the sunwalker who stole it. Sunwalkers—powerful vampires immune to sunlight—are notoriously difficult to find, let alone kill. Still, a job’s a job, and Morgan’s never been one to shy away from a challenge. So bring it on…right? But the sunwalker ends up tracking her down. And not only that, he turns out to be cunning, charming—and undeniably gorgeous. Nevertheless, she can’t ignore the destruction he is capable of: the sunwalker possesses an ancient secret which, if unleashed, could destroy the human world. Captivating and fantastical, Kissed by Darkness introduces a kick-ass new heroine and an addictive new series for fans of urban fantasy.
- Kissed by Fire (companion audiobook $1.99) As a vampire bounty hunter, Morgan Bailey has seen her fair share of strange things. There was the time she got mixed up with a race of powerful immortals known as sunwalkers. Then there was that time she hooked up with a gorgeous Templar Knight. And oh yeah, she was also the one who uncovered the secrets of an Atlantean artifact that everyone was killing each other over. So she’s confident there’s no supernatural challenge she can’t handle—until now. When a murder investigation leads Morgan to London, she encounters something she never expected to see: dragons. It seems they might not be so extinct after all. Her one chance of preventing certain carnage if the dragons are unleashed is to confront the truth about her own past, and about the Darkness growing inside of her.
- Kissed by Smoke After what can only be described as a momentous year, vampire bounty hunter Morgan Bailey is looking forward to a nice, quiet birthday. But fate has other plans. Instead of gorging on cupcakes and enjoying a private party for two with her sexy new boyfriend, Morgan is hot on the trail of a sidhe—a subspecies of fae—who’s run amok in Portland. But this is no ordinary fairy; he is as powerful as he is psychotic. And considering the supernatural nutjobs Morgan has dealt with in her time, that’s saying something. To take him down, Morgan forms an uneasy alliance with the Fairy Queen and embarks upon her most outrageous adventure yet. But in the midst of the chaos, Morgan realizes there is more to this sidhe than meets the eye. And if she fails, if he achieves his endgame, it will trigger devastation unlike anyone—or anything, human or otherwise—has ever seen.
Today's Kindle SciFi/Fantasy Daily Deal is Apocalypse Z: The Beginning of the End ($1.99), by Manel Loureiro and Pamela Carmell (translator), with the companion audiobook also $1.99. I picked this up on sale in October (at twice the price) and read it straight thru! I would have grabbed a sequel to read, but there doesn't appear to be one (yet) in the Kindle store (although the Spanish edition is out in paperback).
The dead rise…
A mysterious incident in Russia, a blip buried in the news—it’s the only warning humanity receives that civilization will soon be destroyed by a single, voracious virus that creates monsters of men.
A lawyer, still grieving over the death of his young wife, begins to write as a form of therapy. Bur he never expected that his anonymous blog would ultimately record humanity’s last days.
The end of the world has begun…
Governments scramble to stop the zombie virus, people panic, so-called “Safe Havens” are established, the world erupts into chaos; soon it’s every man, woman, and child for themselves. Armed only with makeshift weapons and the will to live, a lone survivor will give mankind one last chance against…
The Kindle Deal of the day for those in the UK is the first three titles in Rachel Vincent's Soul Screamers YA series for £0.99 each (`70% off).
- My Soul to Take (Main/UK; US edition $6.99) Something is wrong with Kaylee Cavanaugh… She can sense when someone near her is about to die. And when that happens, a force beyond her control compels her to scream bloody murder. Literally. Kaylee just wants to enjoy having caught the attention of the hottest boy in school. But a normal date is hard to come by when Nash seems to know more about the dark forces behind Kaylee’s power than she does. And when classmates start dropping dead for no apparent reason, and only Kaylee knows who’ll be next, she realises that finding a boyfriend is the least of her worries!
- My Soul to Save (Main/UK; US edition $7.20) When Kaylee Cavanaugh screams, someone dies. So when teen pop star Eden croaks onstage and Kaylee doesn't wail, she knows something is dead wrong. She can't cry for someone who has no soul. The last thing Kaylee needs right now is to be skipping school, breaking her dad's ironclad curfew and putting her too-hot-to-be-real boyfriend's loyalty to the test. But starry-eyed teens are trading their souls: a flickering lifetime of fame and fortune in exchange for eternity in the Netherworld--a consequence they can't possibly understand. Kaylee can't let that happen, even if trying to save their souls means putting her own at risk....
- My Soul to Keep (Main/UK; US edition $6.99) Kaylee has one addiction: her very hot, very popular boyfriend, Nash. A banshee like Kaylee, Nash understands her like no one else. Nothing can come between them. Until something does. Demon breath. No, not the toothpaste-challenged kind. The Netherworld kind. The kind that really can kill you. Somehow the super-addictive substance has made its way to the human world. But how? Kaylee and Nash have to cut off the source and protect their friends--one of whom is already hooked. And so is someone else...
Made to Crave: Satisfying Your Deepest Desire with God, Not Food ($2.99 Kindle, B&N), by Lysa TerKeurst, is the Nook Daily Find, price matched on Kindle, where the companion audiobook is $4.95. You'll probably also want to pick up Made to Crave Devotional: 60 Days to Craving God, Not Food, while it is on sale for the same $2.99 price and may want to check out her two Unglued titles, both marked down under $4 (from ~$15)
Made to Crave is the missing link between a woman's desire to be healthy and the spiritual empowerment necessary to make that happen. The reality is we were made to crave. Craving isn't a bad thing. But we must realize God created us to crave more of him. Many of us have misplaced that craving by overindulging in physical pleasures instead of lasting spiritual satisfaction. If you are struggling with unhealthy eating habits, you can break the 'I'll start again Monday' cycle, and start feeling good about yourself today. Learn to stop beating yourself up over the numbers on the scale. Discover that your weight loss struggle isn't a curse but rather a blessing in the making, and replace justifications that lead to diet failure with empowering go-to scripts that lead to victory. You can reach your healthy weight goal -- and grow closer to God in the process. This is not a how-to book. This is not the latest and greatest dieting plan. This book is the necessary companion for you to use alongside whatever healthy lifestyle plan you choose. This is a book and Bible study to help you find the 'want to' in making healthy lifestyle choices.