Today on Amazon’s Gold Box get 50% off all Rosetta Stone Level 1-5 sets.
Today’s Android App Deal of the Day is 50% off Drawn: The Painted Tower (Full) (Kindle Tablet Edition) and Lamp of Aladdin (Full) from Big Fish Games ($0.99).
The MP3 Album Deal of the Day is A Classical Christmas, a new release by VoxBox ($0.99). Today’s Music Deal of the Day is Willie Nelson Albums Starting at
$4.99 $3.99. The sale includes his Christmas Album and two new releases from this year.
Today’s Kindle Daily Deal is Blood Money ($1.99), by James Grippando [HarperCollins], with the companion audiobook for $2.99.
New York Times bestselling author James Grippando delivers a powerful, nonstop thrill ride ripped from the headlines. Miami criminal defense attorney Jack Swyteck is back in his most frightening case yet, and this time the price of victory is measured in blood.
It is the most sensational murder trial since O. J. Simpson’s. The nation is obsessed with Sydney Bennett, a sexy nightclub waitress and good-time girl accused of murdering her two-year-old daughter for cramping her party life. When he had agreed to defend Sydney, Jack Swyteck knew he’d be taking on the toughest and most controversial case of his career.
Millions of “TV jurors” have convicted Sydney in the court of public opinion.
When the shocking verdict of not guilty is announced, citizens across the country are outraged, and Jack is bombarded by the fallout: angry, profanity-laced phone calls and even outright threats. Media-fed rumors of “blood money”—purported seven-figure book and movie deals—ratchet up the hysteria, putting Jack’s client and everyone around her at risk.
On the night of Sydney’s release, an angry mob outside the jail has gathered to serve its own justice. In the frenzy, an innocent young woman bearing a striking resemblance to the reviled Sydney Bennett ends up in a coma. While the media blame Jack and his defense team, the victim’s parents reach out to him, requesting his help. They don’t believe the attack was the tragic result of random mob violence.
Searching for the truth about what happened that night, Jack makes a frightening discovery. Larger and much more powerful forces are working in the shadows, and what happened outside the jail is a symptom of an evil that infected the show-stopping trial and media-spun phenomenon of Sydney Bennett.
Today’s Kindle Romance Daily Deal is True Love at Silver Creek Ranch: A Valentine Valley Novel ($1.99), by Emma Cane [Avon / HarperCollins].
Welcome to Valentine Valley, where tongues are wagging now that the town bad boy is back—and rumor has it the lean, mean ex-Marine is about to lose his heart! But like it or not, in a town like Valentine, love happens . . .
Adam Desantis is back—bruised, battle-weary and sexier than ever! Not that Brooke Thalberg is in the market. The beautiful cowgirl of Silver Creek Ranch needs a cowboy for hire, not a boyfriend—though the gaggle of grandmas at the Widows’ Boardinghouse thinks otherwise. But from the moment she finds herself in Adam’s arms, she’s shocked to discover she may just want more.
Adam knows it’s crazy to tangle with Brooke, especially with the memories that still haunt him, and the warm welcome her family has given him. But he finds himself in a fix, because tender-loving Brooke is so much more woman than he ever imagined. Can a soldier battling demons give her the love she clearly deserves?
Just about everybody in Valentine thinks so!
Today’s Kindle SciFi/Fantasy Daily Deal is the StarCraft series for $1.99 each:
- Starcraft II: Flashpoint by Christie Golden
- StarCraft II: Heaven’s Devils by William C. Dietz
- StarCraft II: Devil’s Due by Christie Golden
- StarCraft: Ghost–Spectres by Nate Kenyon
- Starcraft: Dark Templar #1–Firstborn: First Born Bk. 1 by Blizzard Entertainment
- Starcraft: Ghost–Nova by Blizzard Entertainment and Keith R. A. DeCandido
- Starcraft: Queen of Blades by Aaron Rosenberg
- Starcraft: Dark Templar–Shadow Hunters: Shadow Hunters Bk. 2 by Christie Golden
- Starcraft #3: Speed of Darkness by Tracy Hickman
- StarCraft: Dark Templar–Twilight by Christie Golden
- Starcraft: I, Mengsk by Graham McNeill
Around noon on January 15, 1919, a group of firefighters was playing cards in Boston’s North End when they heard a tremendous crash. It was like roaring surf, one of them said later. Like a runaway two-horse team smashing through a fence, said another. A third firefighter jumped up from his chair to look out a window-”Oh my God!” he shouted to the other men, “Run!”
A 50-foot-tall steel tank filled with 2.3 million gallons of molasses had just collapsed on Boston’s waterfront, disgorging its contents as a 15-foot-high wave of molasses that at its outset traveled at 35 miles an hour. It demolished wooden homes, even the brick fire station. The number of dead wasn’t known for days. It would be years before a landmark court battle determined who was responsible for the disaster.
- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell (An Amazon Best Book of the Month, March 2013)
- Tempest Rising by Tracy Deebs
- Freaks Like Us by Susan Vaught
- Me, Him, Them, and It by Caela Carter
- Lula Bell on Geekdom, Freakdom, & the Challenges of Bad Hair by C. C. Payne ($0.99)
- Transcendence by Cynthia Jaynes Omololu
- Lost by Jacqueline Davies ($1.99)
- Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor (Amazon Best Books of the Month, November 2012)
- Tessa Masterson Will Go to Prom by Emily Franklin, Brendan Halpin